AthensWas Hotel announces with joy and absolute sense of responsibility the opening of the hotel on June 1st.
Covid19’s new priorities changed everyone’s habits, creating new approaches to both travel and the tourism market.
We offer the utmost care to ensure that every stay with us is safe, clean and comfortable, so, we have implemented all the necessary precautionary measures according to the Public Health Tourism Protocol in our hotel, as the safety of our guests and our employees is paramount & important to us.
Before your travel to Greece, you should use this link, in order to fill in all the necessary information that are needed from the Greek Government prior to your arrival, in order to ensure your smooth entrance in our country.
The measures taken by the AthensWas Hotel responsibly are:
Health Protocol Applications
– Regular & continuous staff training according to all definitions of World Health Organization
– Using a mask
– Washing hands
– Keeping distances in all common areas
– Individual protection measures in all sections of the Hotel
We hold daily meetings with our employees to review any relevant situation.
– Strict cleaning and disinfection of rooms and suites with steam cleaners & UVC Disinfections (ultraviolet sterilizer)
– Maintaining the use of high specification cleaners with antibacterial & antimicrobial action
– Graphic material removal (papers, pens, pencils) – (available upon request)
– Removal of Mini-bar & Nespresso Machine products (according to instructions set by health protocols)
Common Areas Cleaning
– Updated Warning with personal hygiene instructions
– Use plexiglass in the Front Office Desk
– Observance of personal protection measures
– UVC Sterilization
– Disinfection of common points of contact (elevator / buttons / knobs, etc.) at regular intervals
Cleaning of Food & Beverage Outlets
– The Restaurants of AthensWas have always operated according to HACCP standards.
– Our team as well as all external collaborators who come in contact with the raw materials have been equipped with masks and face protective shields.
– A maximum of four guests per table are allowed.
– The placement of the tables of all our restaurants has been adapted, according to the Greek legislation.
– Tables and chairs are disinfected with a special antibacterial & antimicrobial cleanser before serving new guests, so that they can enjoy a pleasant and safe food experience in our restaurants.
– Create QR code for the electronic download of the menus for the purpose of intact order
Providing medical masks and gloves for our guests upon request.
We would like to inform you that since 1st of August the use of a face mask is mandatory during your stay in the hotel while using the common areas (except the Breakfast area & SENSE Restaurant) as declared by the Greek Government (Δ1γ/ΓΠ οικ 47265).
*The use of a face mask is not mandatory for children under 3 years old and for guests with respiratory problems
Effective date 14.08.2020 and onwards until further notice, according to the Greek law (ΔΙα/Γ.Π.οικ. 51360 – ΦΕΚ 3429/Β/14-8-2020), SENSE Restaurant will be ending its operations at midnight.
New technology systems to facilitate check in & out actions by minimizing contact time with visitors upon arrival and departure.
We have stopped shaking hands and adopted social distances, but our mood and our appetite to experience Greek hospitality remains unchanged!
We would like to thank you all in advance for your personal responsibility and efforts to maintain hygiene in AthensWas, all together protecting ourselves to ensure our return to normalcy.
Following the measures set by the World Health Organization and the Greek Government, it is the personal responsibility of all of us to keep our distance from other people / visitors who do not travel together, greater than 1.5 meters. At the same time, always thinking about our personal hygiene, we avoid touching our face.
We have amended our Flexible Cancellation Policy from 48 hours to 24 hours free cancellation.
For Non-Refundable/Pre-paid reservations that are expected to check in until 30th of September, 2020 (inclusive) and according to the Greek state instead of extending an immediate refund, you will receive a credit voucher with valid period of 18 months.
Updated Check in & Check out time due to cleaning restrictions:
Check In: 15.00
Check out: 11.00
Finally, we would like to inform you that the AthensWas Hotel has officially started a partnership with the Central Clinic of Athens in order to maintain the exposure in case of a COVID-19 incident appears in our Hotel.
As before, AthensWas, being a hotel with limited number of rooms and suites, we retain personalized service and at the same time health & safety instructions are easily maintained.
On behalf of the AthensWas Team, we wish you a safe and pleasant stay!